1. Our Policy
Nichino Europe Co. Limited ("Nichino" "we" or "us") respect and understand our website users' concerns about confidentiality and privacy and we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you give us is handled in a safe and responsible manner. We have developed this policy which sets out the privacy practices of Nichino and describes the information we collect about you during your use of our website (our "site") and what use we may make of that information.
It is important to remember that by using our site, you agree to the terms of this policy. Because the technology in this area is expanding and improving at such a rapid pace, we suggest that you refer to this policy on a regular basis as it may change, at any time and in Nichino's sole discretion, in order to allow us to take advantage of any technological advances or for business purposes or legal reasons.
In this policy, the following words will have the following meanings:
- Data Protection Laws means any applicable law relating to the processing, privacy, and use of Personal Data, including (a) in the United Kingdom, (i) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, SI 2003/2426, and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 2002/58/EC (ePrivacy Directive); and/or (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations (b) in member states of the European Union, the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive, and all relevant member state laws or regulations giving effect to or corresponding with any of them; and (c) any judicial or administrative interpretation of any of the above, any guidance, guidelines, codes of practice, approved codes of conduct or approved certification mechanisms issued by any relevant supervisory authority;
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Data Subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
2. Information That We May Collect
We collect your Personal Data in different areas of our site. The exact information collected varies depending on the areas of our site that you use.
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily disclose in the course of using our site. When you complete any forms on the site, we may require that you provide us with Personal Data including your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. Additionally, we may ask for other information. You may also voluntarily disclose Personal Data in an email to us. In the future, we may require further information from you as dictated by the nature of the goods and services that we may offer.
In the course of using our site, we automatically collect certain information about you, which may include your Personal Data. This information includes the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We do not collect or use this information to create a profile about you.
3. Our Use of Your Information
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the Data Protection Laws, we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Data:
- where you have given us your consent;
- where it is necessary to perform a contract we have entered into, or are about to enter into, with you;
- where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
We will use the information that we collect to:
- process an enquiry received from you, or respond to an expression of interest in one or more of our products and services;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about goods and services we provide which are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure the content on our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
- make improvements to the content and layout of our site;
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also use Personal Data to send to you information that, in some cases, is targeted to your needs and interests. If you supply us with your e-mail or mailing address, you may receive occasional mail from us announcing services, product information, promotional events or updates to our website. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please send us an e-mail via our contact page indicating your e-mail address or mailing address as applicable and asking us to remove you from our mailing list.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties including our business partners, suppliers and/or sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
In the event any business or assets of Nichino are ever sold, we may transfer ownership of our e-mail list and other Personal Data to the acquiring company. Should this happen, we will instruct the new owners of the company to contact users via e-mail to notify you of the change.
5. Third Party Collectors of Information
Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
6. Where We Store Your Information.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area.
7. Retention of Your Information
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
8. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Laws, in certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a 'subject access request'). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Persona Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"). If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your Personal Data please do contact us, as set out below. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the ICO.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your Personal Data, object to the processing of your Personal Data, or request that we transfer a copy of your Personal Data to another party, please contact us using the details provided in section 9 below.
9. Contacting Us
NICHINO EUROPE CO., LTD.
5 PIONEER COURT
VISION PARK HISTON
CAMBRIDGE CB24 9PT